Monday, May 3, 2010

Well it’s on, thanks to the enthusiasm and dedication of Darwin Children’s Librarians Rosie Huq and Mary Harmon.

Under the Banyan Tree: Darwin Storytelling Festival 2010 is happening from August 12 – 15th. Having attended a Festival in WA in 2005 and the Gathering Talkfest in Sydney in 2009, Rosie and Mary were keen that the Australian Storytelling Guild head to Darwin.



A fantastic show of storytelling performances has been programmed for the Darwin Festival with lots of other interesting possibilities in the offing.

Festival Producer Anne E Stewart said ,” it’s amazing the support I’ve had from different areas of the Guild and the interest shown from the Darwin Festival Committee and other organisations in the Territory is great.


“We have had a great range of applications; I’m blown away by the diversity and talent of Storytellers in Australia. By including ourselves in the Darwin Festival we will stand along some other major world performers. It’s very exciting.”


Thanks also to Kiran Shan for her support liaising with International tellers


1 comment:

  1. Hi Annie,

    What a fantastic blog. I hope (know) the festival will be a roaring success, and look forward to hearing all the feedback. When I finally finish my PhD, I promise myself I'll be more involved in these things.

    Julie Mundy-Taylor (The Tale Teller)

    ReplyDelete